INNOVATION & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIST – CONSUMER GOODS
This is a position that requires expertise and demonstrable experience in food and beverage and consumer products innovation, product development and consumer research.
Responsibilities include interfacing with client management at all levels of the organization, framing problems, developing research design and conducting research and/or business analysis to uncover critical insights and presenting solutions in various written and oral formats. Depending on experience and expertise relating to a given engagement, consultants may be responsible for all aspects of client development and lead the growth strategy or innovation engagement. Additionally, responsibilities include firm client development, service development, firm sponsored market studies, firm improvement project and other projects as assigned. At The Valen Group, we seek high-performing individuals to work in our Cincinnati, Ohio central office. If you are seeking a career, not a job, with increasing challenge and advancement but haven’t reached your potential in your current position, then The Valen Group may be the right fit for you.
Successful team members
- Focus on the client-experience
- Crave excellence in their work
- Are goal- and results-driven
- Have a bias for action
- Work within a big company client structure and thrive within an entrepreneurial culture
- Have a resume of demonstrable success
- Embrace systems and technology critical to structure and grow a business
- Responsible for all aspects of innovation and supporting consumer insight work
- Ability to manage, be interface with client and lead a quantitative research “back of office” team
- Expertise to design, manage and facilitate qualitative research
- Strong client management skills and ability to work and communicate effectively at senior levels of the organization as well as broadly across an organization
Additional Skills & Experience
- Expertise in project management
- Inspire people and lead teams as well as collaborate
- Regularly forecast time and meet project completion dates with a team
- Engage in practice management and thought leadership as well as proactively identify issues and opportunities and lead corrective action plans to ensure optimal practice results
- Build services models for how we approach innovation; basically innovate on our own innovation approach
- Promote business through creative marketing, thought leadership publishing and speaking
- Collaborate with and cross-sell other businesses
- Embody our core values
- Strong business acumen, client interface experience, management/business experience and demonstrated leadership in innovation project success; business analysis and financial management skills (“size of prize”)
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree, in depth understanding of innovation and product strategy methods
- Knowledge of brand management and “brand franchise” management is preferable
- 5-10+ years’ experience in innovation with a major brand company understanding all aspects of innovation strategy, innovation development and concept optimization
- Global business experience and a global mindset
- Excellent presentation skills, storytelling and problem framing using MS tools (PowerPoint, word and excel) both in executive summary as well as detailed, fact-based solutions and recommendations
For this position, we are seeking a fulltime employee, however we are open to project-oriented qualified contractors and experts. Please specify your interest in contracting with submission. Qualified candidates will need a completed file for us to move forward and that will include submission of a resume, cover letter, and salary history via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Valen Group currently offers a competitive salary, bonus, 401K, profitsharing, health insurance and training to its employees and believes in the investment in and development of its people.
The Valen Group conducts employment and education verification, background checks, reference checks and other prudent hiring practices to validate candidate information. Should you have any questions about this posting, please contact: email@example.com.