Position: Director of Insights & Innovation – Posted 6/22/2021
If you are seeking an entrepreneurial environment where you have autonomy and ability to grow yourself and a practice in Cincinnati, Ohio, this could be the right next challenge for you. You will be supported by the Managing Partner in a collaborative team environment where you are expected to lead and drive results for clients.
The Valen Group is a strategy consulting firm with diversified practices in growth and innovation. We are seeking an energetic insights and innovation practitioner to lead engagements. We have a growing agile qualitative insight offering that we are seeking this individual to further develop and introduce to new clients working alongside Valen client development resources.
Why The Valen Group? For almost two decades we have partnered with global market leaders such as Nestlé, Cargill, Adidas, and P&G on strategy projects that explore major issues and/or opportunities that cut across various categories. We are a growth-focused boutique strategy and innovation consulting firm. Our service commitment is to work on each engagement until our clients are fully satisfied with the outcome. Valen also has a strategic partnerships and brand licensing practice as well as other business-related entrepreneurial ventures in our Valen ecosystem. People like the Valen Group environment because of the entrepreneurial environment for personal growth opportunities, freedom to learn and rewards for successful contributions.
As Director of Insights and Innovation you will directly lead engagements, collaborate with team members and drive the results for clients in qualitative work, innovation and marketing messaging/positioning type engagements. Clients will trust you and work with you because of your experience, creative problem-solving capability, demeanor and decisiveness. We require demonstrable experience and success with known consumer brands. Experience is skewed towards qualitative insight execution vs. innovation consulting due the nature of our work where all consultants have capability to run and execute qualitative research.
Summary of Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years experience in Market Research, CPG or other major consumer brands in innovation or insight practice
- Ability to design research, develop screeners and structure exercises, conduct/moderate and present findings for agile qualitative
- Ability to manage, analyze and present custom quantitative
Additional Skills & Experience
- Expert understanding and ability to coach others in application of insight and innovation methods
- Understanding of agile/entrepreneurial methods
- Business and market analysis
- Innovation, marketing and consumer insight analysis frameworks
- Global brand responsibility experience a plus
Other Skills & Requirements
- Extensive use of MS office suite for presentations and deliverables
- Design or experience creating visual business insight deliverables
- Software Technology aptitude: Familiarity with CRM, Online Qualitative Insight Platforms and other software
- Use of Video in Qualitative Insight and Reporting a must, sentiment analysis and other use of related technology a plus
For this position, we are seeking a full-time employee, however we are open to project-oriented qualified contractors and experts. Please specify your interest in contracting with submission. Qualified candidates will need a completed file for us to move forward and that will include submission of a resume and cover letter explaining fit with position.
The Valen Group currently offers a competitive compensation, incentives, 401K, profit-sharing, health insurance and training to its employees and believes in the investment in and development of its people.
The Valen Group conducts employment and education verification, background checks, reference checks and other prudent hiring practices to validate candidate information. Should you have any questions about this posting, please contact: email@example.com.