To develop the optimum proposition which is capable to deliver the brand strategy it is imperative to design a superior brand experience which delights the consumer and establishes a clear brand and product differentiation from competition. This requires the following:
- Clear definition of the target consumer
- Powerful communication of the benefits that are appreciated by the target consumer.
- Technical advantages capable to support competitive claims
- Superior value based on well balanced and competitive benefits to price ratio.
- We use an iterative process which leverages a number of techniques which break down concept statements into primary elements to identify the hot buttons that resonate most with target consumers and which are most relevant to them.
- We build on consumer insights, consumer beliefs, and category drivers to define and optimize the conceptual framework. Each framework will consist of the following components:
A market leader in Performance
Chemicals identified an opportunity to leverage their flagship brand to
establish a foothold in the attractive Oil Stabilizers space. The Oil
Stabilizer concept they initially developed lacked differentiation and had poor
value perception relative to a very well entrenched competition. The concept
needed to be repositioned not only to justify the development and launch of a
superior initiative that has the potential to win but also to identify a stream
of initiatives to support the brand’s leadership in the future.
How we did it
We used deep dive one-on-one
qualitative research, on-line discussion boards and product usage video diary
to generate a comprehensive analysis of Oil Stabilizers, and an assessment of
the opportunity and its challenges. We identified concept differentiation as a
key challenge for a market entry because going head to head against a well
entrenched competition was expected to be very costly from a marketing
standpoint. To overcome this issue we went after repositioning and reframing
the concept to maximize the points of difference and value perception. The
approach addressed all key elements of a powerful concept, including: key
benefit; point of distinction; impact on life; current belief; technical
levers; and the visuals and demos needed as a reason to believe.
We repositioned the concept behind
the core benefit of oil stabilization with two key points of difference,
moisture removal and reliable lubrication, which bridged the performance
deficiencies of the two lead competitive brands. The Dual Action concept also
provided a platform for the next generation All-in-One initiative which was
slotted to further drive the initiative in the market place.