When looking for Innovation strategy firms it is critical to understand the landscape. Most innovation firms fall into one of three competencies:
- Ideation focused
- Research Focused; i.e. consumer or customer insight
- Consultants or consulting firms
The Valen Group is a strategy consulting firm that focused on growth and innovation. It is important to realize that innovation is a particular growth strategy. There are three generic growth strategies:
- Make – do it yourself, where an innovation strategy is likely focused
- Rent – collaborate with a partner or outsiders to go to market
- Buy – acquisition focused strategy
Of course, innovation strategy could employ any one of the make-rent-buy concepts and, in fact, because innovation is about doing new things, many times, there is a need to acquire or partner for innovation, distribution, etc. We would consider the best innovation strategy consulting firms to have significant experience in the make, rent, buy growth strategy model and provide these type of considerations and metrics to measure when supporting your organization in developing innovation strategy.
Innovation strategy firms like The Valen Group provide services such as:
- Multi-year innovation strategy roadmap with specific growth goals and timeline measurements to guide innovation teams
- Innovation Management Strategy, i.e. Organizational considerations such as structure, processes, environment and incentives
- Growth platform identification to guide multi-year innovation discovery and development
The Valen Group acts as your strategic advisor to you define your innovation strategy to better compete and grow in the domestic and global marketplace. As an Innovation strategy firm, we have provided fact-based recommendations for over 16 years to top global company executives. By working in a highly trusted, transparent and effective way we see innovation strategy consulting as a critical resource for top leadership and their executives to:
- Offer best practices in innovation strategy management and insight into the practice of strategy
- Provide an outside, unbiased perspective
- Uncover blind spots or other strategic considerations to identify core strategy or innovation issues
- Reframe problems to be more actionable to solve for innovation teamsBreak ties and improve decision-making discipline; provide sound logic to build conclusions
We have worked with some of the largest global consumer branded companies. Based on our global experience and expertise in global innovation strategy and product development we identified a number of factors that are key to drive and maximize the global potential of existing and new products, services, business models and other innovation solutions. Among them:
- Superior consumer understanding. It is critical to identify the critical needs for target categories among target consumers and strategic consumer segments. These activities come in many forms and are most effective outside traditional research protocols, utilizing methods based upon lean startup and entrepreneurial journeys or discoveries; many times employing entrepreneurs themselves to help create breakthrough thinking
- Strong, validated brand equity. This allows room for local exploitation and the tailoring of elements of the marketing mix (e.g. copy) to best meet the needs of local markets.
- Superior consumer acceptance based on clearly defined product choice and acceptance models.
- Clearly defined degrees of freedom that apply to both brand and product factors. The degrees of freedom allow some flexibility but keep the product experience intact.
- Technology and Product gatekeeper role. To coordinate and concur to regional and local product plans.
- Brand franchise gatekeeper role. To coordinate and concur to regional and local commercial plans.
us to learn more about how we as an Innovation Strategy Firm
consult on innovation strategy. We would be happy to access your current
innovation strategy and answer questions about the process and best practices.
You will learn how we work with you and your team to design, develop and
execute a growth-focused innovation strategy that meets your needs and address