Collaborative Innovation Approach leverages Fusion Methodology™ to drive deeper
insight, learn quickly and increase confidence in your innovation programs when
combined with our entrepreneurial innovation methods.
Methodology™ obsoletes the way consumer insights are generated and challenges
the outdated traditional research tools and recruiting methods that continue to
be used. It is designed to go deep rather than broad by focusing on fewer
representative consumers but interfacing with them over an extended period of
The Problem With Current Research Practices
qualitative research is “event” based, inherently designed around individual sessions
which engage consumers for a determined amount of time. Although this approach
attempts to maximize the consumer response as much as possible, it is
associated with many issues because it is:
- Discontinuous by design – the “fresh” perspective many times loses the context which depends on a consumer’s constant engagement, and the critical insight generated from a timely response.
- Expensive - charged at large premiums because of the inherent recruiting practices.
- Biased - limits consumer interaction because it lacks the trusted relationship which incites consumers to “open up”.
- Noncommittal - does not impose any accountability for consumer’s engagement.
- Not always representative - consumers don’t always do what they claim they do.
- Under designed - a good understanding of how products fit into consumers lives requires observations and extended exposure. A reported experience risks to miss the moments that make such an experience “magical”.
- Restrictive - limited to single points of interactions which block the natural continual flow of information and exchanges.
Fusion Methodology™ bridges the inherent gaps associated with the broadly used traditional qualitative
research. It is designed to generate open and honest exchanges, deeper and
richer insight by engaging fewer consumers in a relationship built on trust. It
is designed to:
- Capture consumer experiences and opportunities when they happen as they happen.
- Provide a timely feedback through a seamless interface between the consumer and the innovation/product design teams.
- Provide opportunities for a sequential assessment and iteration of prototypes when available.
How we do it. Fusion
Methodology™ is not another expert panel or another on-line community. It is
not about consumer availability either. It is about the engagement of the right
consumers who are screened, selected, and qualified because the research
subject matter is important to them. Through the trusted relationship we build
with them over weeks, they are eager to share their experiences, articulate
their thoughts to drive an actionable outcome, and participate in a continuous
Fusion Methodology™ leverages a blend of off-the-shelf offline and online tools optimized to provide multiple interactions and touchpoints for a continual flow of information:
- New Entrepreneurial Methods for creative insight solutions that are based on best practice toolsets and iterative lean startup methods such as design thinking.
- Observations and an extended exposure to consumers to understand how products fit into their lives vs. the limited event-based and single interaction traditional research.
Benefits. By building a mix of formal and informal interactions, cost-effectively, over time and through a trusted relationship, the Fusion Methodology™ is ideal to answer questions about the:
The approach proved to be particularly helpful in sensitive categories that are very personal. Because of these reasons it has the ability to drive the identification of critical insight across a very broad range of product categories.
- Consumer Truth and what makes the insight real and alive.
- Deeper Meaning and the underlying motivation to the consumer need, desire or behavior.
- Tension and the contradictions that consumers face.
- Solutions and/or compensating behavior that consumers resort to.
Learn more about our Collaborative Innovation and Fusion Methodology™ approach. Talk with us to demonstrate how the Fusion Methodology™ works in helping you drive a more meaningful innovation.