Valen Collaborative Innovation Approach leverages Fusion Methodology™ as an integral component of our process to drive deeper critical insight, learn quickly, and increase confidence in your innovation program when combined with our entrepreneurial innovation methods.
Our Fusion Methodology™ is designed to maximize multiple interactions with consumers. Our approach obsoletes the way consumer insights are generated and challenges the outdated traditional research tools and recruiting methods that continue to be used. Fusion’s approach goes deep rather than broad by focusing on fewer representative consumers but interfacing with them over an extended period of time.
Fusion Methodology™ bridges the inherent gaps associated with broadly used traditional “event” based research which are:
- Expensive and charged at large premiums.
- Biased because it limits consumer interaction in the absence of a trusted relationship with the consumer … simply because consumers don’t always do what they claim they do.
- Under designed because a good understanding of how products fit into consumers lives requires observations and extended exposure.
- Restrictive because it is limited to single points of interactions which block the natural continual flow of information and exchanges.
In contrast with Traditional research, our Fusion Methodology™ leverages a mix of the following:
- New Entrepreneurial Methods for creative insight solutions that are based on best practice toolsets and iterative lean startup methods such as design thinking.
- Consumer Tools and Insight based on a blend of off-the-shelf offline and online tools optimized to provide multiple interactions and touchpoints for a continual flow of information.
- Observations and an extended exposure to consumers to understand how products fit into their lives vs. the limited event-based and single interaction traditional research.
Our Fusion Methodology™ approach enables us to:
- Build a trusted relationship with fewer consumers to generate open and honest exchanges and richer insight.
- Capture consumer experiences and opportunities when they happen as they happen.
- Provide a timely feedback through a seamless interface between the consumer and the innovation/product design teams.
- Provide opportunities for a sequential assessment and iteration of prototypes when available.